ancients  battlecry  napoleonics  samuraibattles  thegreatwar   tricorne  medieval Support Us

OT 2018 Semi-Finals

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Rating 5.00 (1 Vote)

OT 2018 Semi-Finals

Player 1 Game 1 banners Game 2 banners TOTAL Player 2 Game 1 banners Game 2 banners TOTAL Finalist
Tomek  2  5  7 Carthage  5  4  9  Carthage
LeonardoAngelo  5  3  8 (36blocks) BrentS  3  5  8 (45 blocks)  BrentS
Scenario: TW3 Hippacritae (240 BC)

Try to get it done in the next 4 weeks

Please report match results in the discussion below

please use the form

Player 1 (side): # Banners won

Player 2 (side): # Banners won

Any problems, please PM or email me

Tomek's Avatar
Tomek replied the topic: #2721 2 months 6 hours ago
Little clarification on the second Semi final. The results are as follows:
First game:
Carthage (Rebels) 5
Tomek (Hasdrubal) 2

Second game:
Tomek (Rebels) 5
Carthage (Hasdrubal) 4

Thanks to Carthage for two very nice games.
Carthage's Avatar
Carthage replied the topic: #2720 2 months 11 hours ago
Tomek (Rebels) - Carthage (Carthage) 4-5

File Attachment:

File Name: tomekot2018.vlog
File Size:23 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

Carthage (Rebels) - Tomek (Carthage) 5-2

File Attachment:

File Name: tomek2.vlog
File Size:27 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT
BrentS replied the topic: #2719 2 months 2 days ago
Thanks to Leonid for two very hard fought and tense matches. Very well played and fantastic effort for having started playing so recently. I had a broken log for the second match and can't remember details but any tie that comes down to a block count is a close one.
LeonardoAngelo's Avatar
LeonardoAngelo replied the topic: #2718 2 months 2 days ago
Second battle
BrentS (Rebels) - LeonardoAngelo (Carthage) 5-3
Blocks 24-17 (+7)

Both battles ended with the same score.
According to additional indicators (destroyed blocks) - in the final passes BrentS.
Congratulations to my opponent.
Nobody wanted to concede, all fought up to the end and both besides several times were close to a victory.
In my last attack, elephants threw 5 dice against the middle infantry (a+1 horse attack card was played) but only threw 1 hit.
and then there was elephant rabies, which could help, too.
But the rebels survived.

Overall, I think that played very well, so I started to play this game just last December.
I plan to take revenge on Brent in the next tournament.
Good luck to all of us!

link second battle yadi.sk/d/jvB90wD9R4FBjQ
LeonardoAngelo's Avatar
LeonardoAngelo replied the topic: #2715 2 months 4 days ago
Sorry, I counted the blocks.
Carthage destroyed 21 bloc, Rebels destroyed 19. +2 difference in favor of Brent
LeonardoAngelo's Avatar
LeonardoAngelo replied the topic: #2714 2 months 4 days ago
The first battle
BrentS (Carthage) - LeonardoAngelo (Rebels) 3-5.
Blocks 19-22

The favorite was definitely Brent. He didn't give me a chance in group stage 6-5 and 6-1. And the fact that I was lucky does not detract from its merits.
In the second game he will be the favorite again.

The beginning was terrible for the rebels. Horse attack on both flanks was very dangerous, and the rebels immediately suffered losses.
However, one medium cavalry, led personally by Hamilcara too much attention to the extermination of the light troops, destroying the light cavalry, she was surrounded, and was destroyed itself. Hamilcar was wounded, but first cleverly escaped death by the sword auxiliarii, and then broke through the ranks of the light cavalry of the rebels to freedom. After the second cavalry died, Hamilcar slipped away again.
Cut the pipes, it's time for the elephant attack. However, the Heavy infantry rebels, though suffered losses and retreated, but remained undaunted. In response, two groups of barbarians, led by Spendius. attacked two elephants who are released for assault attack.Of the 4 elephants, only one survived. Not helped even map " the First blow." Then the Carthaginians threw into battle 3 medium infantry " a Cursory step to move." The barbarians were destroyed, Spendius fled. The Carthaginians lost one unit too.
3-4 on banner. There was a very nervous ending. Each of us could win at least three times.
The final banner the rebels were almost completely surrounding the grouping of the Carthaginians on the right flank (to Carthage - he left).
It was a freaky semi-final.
Thanks to Brent, he's a great player.
He hardly makes mistakes. I got lucky.
BrentS replied the topic: #2691 2 months 2 weeks ago
Ah, thanks Mark. Didn’t recognise the designation.
Mark-McG's Avatar
Mark-McG replied the topic: #2690 2 months 2 weeks ago

BrentS wrote: A player designed scenario. I don't if there's a Vassal file for this one out there. I've mocked one up in case there isn't. I'll try to work out a way to upload it (not possible in this thread).

TW stands for Truceless War, and there is a scenario setup loaded into the Game Module under
Scenarios - Truceless War.. 3rd option from the top.

It is a GMT Official scenario
BrentS replied the topic: #2689 2 months 2 weeks ago
Okay, worked it out. Log attached.
BrentS replied the topic: #2688 2 months 2 weeks ago

This site uses cookies to improve your experience.