"Breakthrough Variants"?

More
7 years 8 months ago #477 by Astavar
Hello dear gamers,
owning and loving the M44 game, and being very fond of the breakthrough format, I would like to know, if somebody has already tried his hands on creating breakthrough format scenarios for this game. For those, who do not know: This means setup with two gameboards not side by side on the short sides but on the long, so building not an extremely wide front, but a somewhat long way to ... well break through. This is a great format in M44, but I don´t know if it would work the same here.
I see, that Great War is more about trench warfare, but I can´t see, that all campaign-battles of WW1 where those kind of battles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #486 by mk20336
Replied by mk20336 on topic "Breakthrough Variants"?
So far I am not aware of such attempt. Mark combined two scenarios in something like EPIC Version (cannot find that post now, but I think it was Somme). They match perfectly and evidently were created as left and right wing.

More
7 years 8 months ago #487 by Astavar
Replied by Astavar on topic "Breakthrough Variants"?
I know what and which one you mean. This was Overlord format, two maps side by side horizontally. Breakthrough means those maps vertically, to create not a wide, but a long battlefield/front.

Time to create page: 1.096 seconds