The Great War Tournament 3 Tank vs Tank Round Robin

More
7 years 8 months ago #472 by Mark-McG
TGW03 Tank vs Tank Round Robin
Form is Round Robin, with...

The Great War Tournament 3 Tank vs Tank Round Robin

"Feed the troops on victory"- Gen. Sir John Monash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #473 by Mark-McG
Post Tournament 3 results here in the form
Scenario
Allied Player
# Medals won ## Figures lost

German Player
# Medals won ## Figures lost

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #492 by mk20336
138 - Villers-Bretonneux (Tank vs Tank - Part 2) - 24 April 1918 (GAME 1)

EZ Pickens (Allied Player)
4 Medals won 14 Figures lost

MichalK (German Player)
5 Medals won 27 Figures lost

It was my first game with tanks. I thought it will be quick game - not too many units, no trenches (almost), flexible movement. But it took us 2h40 min to finish this exciting game!

It started very well for me - I managed to knock down MarkIV, biggest threat from British side. Then British forces retreated a bit. Road to victory open? No way. First, I have completely no cards for center (where my two tanks were). Second, John very cleverly attacked my infantry on my left (which I managed to hid in hills, but that did not helped). So it was 2-0, and after counter attack, 2-4.

But then AT7 started to show their superiority over female Whippet tanks. In head on, 1 to 1 fight, they were no match, and once my rolls started to look like similar to probability, I managed to take down second tank.

Last turns it was cat and mouse. Both sides with possibility to win, but brave charge of AT7 on enemy trenches and elimination of infantry unit finished game. Very good and intense game - and as you can see, very blood for me (twice the loses of John).

I think tanks have good potential to move TGW on next level - I really like them. More to report soon, after next games!
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mk20336.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #496 by mk20336
138 - Villers-Bretonneux (Tank vs Tank - Part 2) - 24 April 1918 (GAME 2)

EZ Pickens (German Player)
0 Medals won 17 Figures lost

MichalK (Allied Player)
5 Medals won 0 Figures lost

That was strange game. Started with moving my 4 tanks in first turn, out of which 3 got bogged down... Then 6 HQ spent on recover to get nothing...
After first game with John I had my tactics for that scenario, which bogged down tanks were not able to fulfill... But I got lucky on "Storm of Fire" getting two hits on Male tank.

Very, very hard scenario for Germans - try to get any banners here before your infantry is decimated...
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #497 by mk20336
139 - Villers-Bretonneux (Tank vs Tank - Part 3) - 24 April 1918 (GAME 1)

Plainscape (German Player)
0 Medals won 25 Figures lost

MichalK (Allied Player)
5 Medals won 8 Figures lost

Very blood game, with many (again) of my tanks bogged down! Initial return of fire was inconclusive, but then I got MG barrage and managed to use on 3 German infantry units in open, two of which did not survived it.
Todd was couple of time very close from destroying my tanks altogether (6d confirming roll with no hit :( )

In the end brave attack of British tank on trenches (imagine attack in open ground on trenches - suicide! - but not here, not with tanks!) - Tankshreken and last banner was won.

I just really hope both Todd and John will still like to play TGW - both that and previous result does not reflect what was full going on on the board...
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #503 by plainscape GW
139 - Villers-Bretonneux (Tank vs Tank - Part 3) - 24 April 1918
plainscape Allied Player
5 Medals won 5 Figures lost

MichalK German Player
2 Medals won 15 Figures lost (the total in the game is off by 1 because of accidental recovery of a unit who took too many hits.)

Almost the whole battle was on the right side of the board with the British Whippet tanks destroying everything in their path. I really thought the British tanks were going to outright destroy the Germnan's A7V with a full frontal machine gun battery. But, it survived long enough to take out one of the whippets, unfortunately. Still, overall, the Germans won the day.
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #507 by mk20336
Guys, a little encouragement - let us have the games played!

More
7 years 6 months ago #508 by Mark-McG
seems to be rather busy for me of late, and I'm now going camping for a week.

However, I should be back on Oct 5, and have a few days at home on Oct 6 & 7 if anyone has time then.
I'll be out of contact fo the week though, so another impediment to organising a game

More
7 years 5 months ago #512 by plainscape GW
137 - Villers-Bretonneux (Tank vs Tank) - 24 April 1918
plainscape Allied Player
5 Medals won 9 Figures lost

EZPickens German Player
2 Medals won 22 Figures lost

The British tanks had early successes by charging the German's left flank and wiping out their infantry. The tanks dueled for a while to little advantage of either. (Tanks are tough to kill!) Meanwhile the Germans tried to launch a counter offensive on their right but was met with stiff opposition by the British. Blows were traded evenly. But this was not enough to win the day.

Overall, riffle casualties were high and there was almost no action in the center.
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #513 by plainscape GW
137 - Villers-Bretonneux (Tank vs Tank) - 24 April 1918
EZ Pickens (Allied Player)
4 Medals won 23 Figures lost
plainscape (German Player)
5 Medals won 17 Figures lost

This was a very swingy battle. I thought that I had it made midway through. But then a brave infantry unit charged a tank and took it out in one hit. It was very tense with us both knowing we could lose if one more unit it lost. Luckily though a little wit and a lot of luck, the Germans pulled through.

PS Do female tanks hit on deadly die side in close combat? I think they should. (see main rules) But, I want to make sure I'm playing this right.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.263 seconds